Chukka Ocean Outpost Reggae Rafting
Reggae Rafting:Spanning 200 acres, Lethe was home to a former banana plantation estate. Today the Estate is home to garden experiences and river excursions. The Reggae Rafting at Lethe brings a unique twist – with an experience that will be immersed in culture through Reggae music & country roads. The reggae melodies that flow through the veins of Jamaica’s culture and people will set the tone as soon as your board the reggae-themed bus from Chukka Ocean Outpost at Sandy Bay. On your journey, learn about how this rich musical genre influenced the world through the life of the legendary Bob Marley. On arrival to the Lethe village, step aboard a hand-crafted 30-foot bamboo raft piloted by a certified expert raft captain. You will learn about the history of the land, the lifestyle and culture of historic Jamaica that is still alive in the rural community and about the surrounding flora in the lush valley. Included in the package for your ‘limo on the river’ experience is a Lethe village classic – in the form of a limestone foot rub and a bottle of prosecco with 2 flutes, or 4 cans of cold red stripe (light beer also available) and a coconut with 2 bamboo straws.
Horseback Ride ‘N’ Swim:Saddle up and get acquainted with your new hoofed-friend for a unique and unforgettable horseback adventure. Ride up mountain terrains with spectacular ocean vistas. Journey through Jamaica’s backcountry and pass through farmlands, while exploring the ruins of an 18th century old sugar plantation. Continue to the seaside where your horse will be prepared for the experience of a lifetime. Feel true horsepower as you ride into the warm Caribbean Sea atop your swimming horse; a moment in time you’ll never forget!
Power Snorkel Party Cruise:Step aboard the Chukka Cat and sail away with us to Jamaica’s natural and exquisite reef system. Our certified guides will give you a brief safety demonstration, and then it’s time to experience the clear blue Caribbean Sea and marine wildlife beneath. Propel effortlessly through the water, like many have seen in James Bond movies, with your underwater propulsion unit – the only ones in Jamaica! Glide near the surface or dive to take a closer look at beautiful coral, sea fans, and colorful tropical fish in this unique and thrilling adventure. Once back onboard, sit back, relax and take in the view of Jamaica’s coastline, where mountains kiss the sea, while listening to the tunes from our Chukka DJ.
Pick-Up & Drop-OffPick up for this adventure is available from most major hotels in the Negril and Montego Bay region, as well as from some Villas and Airbnb’s. You will receive your pick-up time via email or telephone after you’ve completed your booking. You will be returned to your original point of pick up after the tour.
Things to Carry
- Sneakers (closed toe shoes are mandatory for ziplining) or closed-toe water shoes
- Change of clothes
- Insect repellant
- Cash or credit card for gifts, photos, souvenirs and snacks.
- Must show valid picture ID for check-in
- Chukka Ocean Outpost is a nature adventure park; some activities are at guests’ leisure (check for nature adventure activity departure times).
- Some activities are not guided, i.e. Bird Aviary.
- Water tours are dependent on ocean conditions and on rare occasions maybe suspended.
- Minimum age for the Reggae Rafting is 18 years old.
- Food and beverage options are available for sale.
- Lockers and aqua shoes are available.
- Park may be crowded during peak times.
- Souvenirs & photos are available for sale.
- Weight Restrictions • Horseback Ride N Swim – 230 lbs • Bamboo Rafting – 550 lbs (combined for 2 passengers)
- Any cancellations made at least forty-eight (48) hours or more shall not attract a cancellation fee.
- Any cancellation made less than 48 hours but more than 24 hours in advance of the scheduled tour time, will attract fifty percent (50%) penalty.
- Any cancellation made within twenty-four (24) hours or on the same day that the booking is made will attract one hundred percent (100%) penalty.
- All cancellations must be submitted in writing to the Company and received by Chukka Caribbean Adventures within the timeframes outlined above to be eligible for a refund.
Ready to ship in 1-3 business days
5-10 days Free Shipping within the United States, United Kingdom and France.